This support group is here to serve foster and adoptive moms in Los Angeles. Although the goal is to build relationships and offer tangible support within our community we recognize that these unprecedented times can be isolating and challenging and so we are excited to welcome you and support you via this virtual platform with the goal to be able to hold meetings in person when it is safe to do so.
Once registered, a zoom link will be emailed to you a few days before the event. Please take a minute to review our ZOOM protocols:
MOSAIC Moms Support Group Zoom Protocols
The privacy and security of RESOURCE and ADOPTIVE families is extremely important to us. In order to create a safe and engaging space for moms to share personal experiences and ask sensitive question, we ask that all participants adhere to the following protocols:
· We recommend using your first name and last name initial only as your screen name (example: Jane D.)
· Find a comfortable and private space to speak freely and hear others’ comments. Headphones are highly recommended.
· Please do not record, photograph, or take screenshots of any part of the meeting.
· Do share your children’s ages and genders but keep their names private.
· Be sure to refer to professionals by their title. For example, County Social Worker (CSW), Resource Family Agency (RFA) Worker, Supervisor, Attorney, Judge, Pediatrician, Therapist, Biological Family Member, etc. but please refrain from using their names.
· If you wish to invite a friend, please reach out to our administrators so they can set up additional participants. Please do not share the zoom meeting links with others.
· The chat function is a great way to ask questions and type comments. We will do our best to address questions during our Q&A time towards the end of our meetings.
Please maintain confidentiality. If you wish to share information, experiences, stories, etc. of what you have heard in the group, for the purpose of encouraging other foster-adoptive families, please be sure to change identifying information and never use names, locations, etc. that could jeopardize the safety and privacy of others.
Online Event Free
We do not book for this event.Partner registration may be found at bottom of the page. Curated events are published as seen. The organiser and author have no role in the event. For updates check with sources in event information above.